Email: MyoungJin “dot” Nam “at” tum “dot” de
My research focuses on high-performance run-time verificaton systems, ensuring security and software correctness in C/C++. I proposed a new tagged pointer representation for my PhD work, and have been building a tagged pointer-based capability framework with memory safety application. I am planning to extend application of this framework from memory safety to thread safety; and to apply it to various domains such as heterogenous systems with hardware accelerators.
My prior academic research includes interface synthesis in a System on a Chip (SoC) and formal methods, especially 3-valued satisfiability (SAT) solving, SAT-based hardware formal verification, and CCS-based process algebra. I am also interested in picking up formal methods again, especially Satisfiability modulo theories, for memory safety in the future.
I received my BS and MS in Computer Science from Korea University, Seoul, South Korea, and PhD from University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory, Selwyn College, Cambridge, UK, for my research on Low-cost memory safety in C.
You can download some of my previous papers here.
- FRAMER: A Tagged-Pointer Capability System with Memory Safety Applications, Myoung Jin Nam, Periklis Akritidis, David J Greaves, Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC), 2019
- MemPatrol: Reliable Sideline Integrity Monitoring for High-Performance Systems, Myoung Jin Nam, Periklis Akritidis, Wonhong Nam, Jin-Young Choi, Conference on Detection of Intrusions and Malware & Vulnerability Assessment (DIMVA), 2017
- Synthesis of Glue Logic, Transactors, Multiplexors, and Serialisors from Protocol
Specifications, David Greaves, Myoung Jin Nam, Forum for Specification and Design
Languages (FDL), 2010
- SAT-Based Combinational Equivalence Checking with Don’t Care, Myoung-Jin Nam, Chang-Hun Sung, Jin-Young Choi, International Technical Conference on Circuits/Systems, Computers and Communications (ITC-CSCC), 2004
- Implementation and Experiments of SAT Preprocessor using Structural Information, Myoung-Jin Nam, Jin-Young Choi, SoC Design Conference, 2004